All You Need to Know About Window Tinting and Window Film Options for Business and Home
Window film has fast become a staple product in home and business window treatments. It’s useful, practical, and even beautiful.
Benefits of Window Films
There are many advantages to using window film on both residential and business properties, including:
- Reduced Solar Heat: When the sun hits your window, heat is transferred inside. Window film reduces the amount of heat that penetrates the glass. This means less fading on furniture and décor, reduced cooling bills in the summer, and more comfortable living spaces overall.
- Fewer Bird Strikes: Birds will fly into any space that looks like open air. When your windows reflect the open sky back at them, they can’t stop in time to keep from smacking into the glass. Using window films to prevent bird strikes is humane and environmentally conscious.
- Increased Privacy: Much like a blind, window film minimizes visibility into meeting spaces and offices without decreasing natural light flow. Much like a frosted pane of glass leaves you feeling private and secure behind a shower stall door, window film maintains your privacy in any room you use.
- No More Glare: There’s nothing worse than trying to watch a movie or type a document only to find you can’t see half of the screen due to invading sunlight. Window film blocks out the glare, keeping your screens visible without eliminating sunlight altogether.
- Less Chance for Theft: Storage spaces and warehouses need windows for light and ventilation. Unfortunately, this allows outsiders to see in at what you’re storing. Window film protects the view of products, files, and other belongings from prying eyes. This decreases the chance that someone might see something they want and help themselves by breaking in.
- Reduce Energy Bills: Along with the reduced levels of solar heat comes the benefit of energy efficiency. When your rooms aren’t overheating due to the sun, you’ll see a noticeable reduction in energy bills. This also helps the environment.
Different styles of window film produce different benefits based on coverage, thickness, and application.
Available Window Film Options
The type of window film you choose for your property depends on many variables. For example, you wouldn’t use the same film on a residential home as you might on a business. This is because you’re probably seeking a different outcome. Below you’ll find a list of the many styles of window film and application purposes.
Security Window Films
One of the major benefits of window film is privacy and security. You might be surprised to learn that window film not only protects your property from those who want to see in but also can physically deter a break-in. The main reasons customers choose security window films include:
- Safety standards
- Bird deterrent
We touched on using window film to prevent bird strikes and privacy window film above. Now, we want to go more in-depth about reducing vandalism and breakage. Window film is available in several thicknesses. Bomb Blast Protection Film, for example, protects against shattering due to intense impact. This isn’t always caused by violence. In fact, many customers choose security window films to protect against weather damage from high winds.
Solar Guard Armor Coat is designed to hold glass together should it sustain an impact. Not only does it minimize the risk of shattered glass shards entering your home or business, it also absorbs the shock from the hit, reinforcing the window itself.
Another amazing feature offered by security window film is its ability to withstand the assault of spray paint and other vandalism. Applying this external coat to your windows makes it easy to wipe off unwanted paint with no need for harsh chemicals or professional cleaning services.
Finally, certain grades of security film are suitable for food safety purposes. Applying these films to glass structures where food is being prepared or stored helps businesses pass inspections for food safety regulations.
Solar Window Films
Using solar window film on your home or business helps with a multitude of common problems, like:
- Heat prevention
- Energy efficiency
- Fading prevention
You may not realize the beating your home takes from the sun on a regular basis as it shines in through your windows. UV window film is a great way to maintain the natural light you receive without incurring all the negative effects.
Window films aren’t designated to being practical only. You can purchase decorative window film too. Using a decorative film adds an aesthetic component to your home or business. Whether you’re placing a map of Canada on the door to a Geography classroom or adding a business logo to the door of a company building, the options are endless. The main types of decorative films offered at Access Protection Solutions are:
- Computer cut
You can customize your application and design to fit very specific needs. Our coloured wrap applies the same effect as stained glass without the additional cost or labor. Using computer cut designs minimizes the chance of error and places a precise image that can be replicated. Whatever your design goals, window tinting and film can help.
Why Choose Access Protection Solutions
At Access Protection Solutions, we offer a myriad of window tinting services and installations each with its own unique benefits. Our customers choose to use film over alternative products for its cost-effectiveness, aesthetic appeal, and flexibility.
At Access Protection Solutions, we strive to provide the best in window films and window tinting solutions for our customers. Whether you’re seeking security or solar window film, we have options to help. We work closely with clients to determine the best fit for window film and usage. We also offer Canada wide installation services.
If you have any questions about window films, we invite to contact us today. It will be our pleasure to answer your questions and review your custom window tinting requirements.